CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Are you there Sarah? It's me, Angry Buckeye Fan.

This usually is a bad thing, but right now I have the distinct honor of being able to hear exactly what is going on outside of my apartment right now. I don't know whether to blame the walls or praise myself for having dog-like hearing, but as depressed as I am right now.. so is everybody else. Luckily they are letting me know by the following ways:

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT RIGHT NOW! SERIOUSLY! GO AWAY!" - followed by the sound of someone kicking a trash can perhaps.

Various painful screams. They come and go. Hopefully it's not really someone getting murdered.

Sounds of people throwing things at the dumpster. Hope they don't light that match.

Helicopters. The Po-Po beep (police sirens if you want the exact term). Maybe an ambulance or two. You know someone is on a ledge or in the process of drinking themselves to death.

"WHAT THE FUCK! SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE FUCK!" - probably the same guy.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHHHH!" - again, hope no one is getting killed.

I suppose those are the sounds of losing. It's sad but I just have to give a big thanks to the city of Cleveland, particularly the Indians, Browns, and Cavs for buttering me up for these kinds of things. I have not once in my lifetime (excluding the Buckeyes last national title) experienced a championship in my hometown. I am so used to being disappointed that I often wonder to myself whether I'll be six feet under before my beloved Tribe wins the World Series. This is really the reason I find myself hating teams like the Yankees, cities like Boston, etc. because their fans are spoiled rotten (shut up, Boston. I don't care that you waited forever! I AM TOO!)

So.. um.. LeBron.. it's all you right now.

0 comments: